Becoming a Bricklayer
What do Bricklayers and Tile Layers do?
Bricklayers and Tile Layers are involved with the plastering, tile laying,
terrazzo, marble work, pointing, restoration, and bricklaying. Other related
jobs and duties include Pointer/Caulker/Cleaner.
- Marble work
- Tile laying
- Pointing & restoration
- Brick laying
Where does a Bricklayer or Tile Layer work?
- Shopping centers
- Office buildings
- New home construction
- Restoration of older buildings
Am I qualified?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to physically perform the work required
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a sincere interest in the trade
What can I expect while training?
- Program is approximately 3 years
- On-the-job training with an experienced Journeyman
- Classroom work and home studies are required
- Some travel may be required