What do Carpenters do?
A carpenter’s work exists in three areas: rough work, finish work, and interior systems. Rough work consists of things like residential framing and concrete form building. Finish work is installing cabinets, stairs, and hanging doors. The work of interior systems involves installing acoustical ceilings, metal studs/drywall, and access floor systems.
Where does a Carpenter work?
- Office buildings
- Shopping centers
- Power plants
Am I qualified?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to physically perform the work required
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a sincere interest in the trade
What can I expect while training?
- Program is approximately 4 years
- On-the-job training
- Some travel may be required
- Classroom work and home studies are required