Becoming a Cement Mason
What do Cement Mason or Plasterer do?
Cement masons work with concrete—leveling, finishing, curing, cutting, repairing, and resurfacing it. They also work to create architectural finishes. Plasterers work with plaster to make finishings, textures, and to fireproof. They cure plastered surfaces and make molds and install ornamental pieces.
Where does a Cement Mason or Plasterer work?
- Shopping centers
- Office buildings
- New home construction
- Commercial construction
Am I qualified?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to physically perform the work required
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a sincere interest in the trade
What can I expect while training?
- Program is approximately 3 years
- On-the-job training with an experienced Journeyman
- Classroom work and home studies are required
- Some travel may be required