What does a Glazier do?
Glaziers cut, fabricate, and install glass and architectural metal framing. They remove and replace broken glass and install glass mirrors. Often they find themselves outside on scaffolding.
Where does a Glazier work?
- Large commercial buildings
- Outside on scaffolding
Am I qualified?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to physically perform the work required
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a sincere interest in the trade
What can I expect while training?
- Program includes a combination of on-the-job learning and instruction
- On-the-job training with an experienced Journeyman
- Some travel may be required
- Classroom work and home studies are required
- Must pass an aptitude test