What does a Laborer do?
Laborers build infrastructure. They dig trenches, load, unload, lift and carry materials, prepare sites for construction, perform traffic control on site, set braces, erect scaffolding, and do landscaping demolition.
Where does a Laborer work?
- Commercial buildings
- Highway construction
- Sports stadiums
- Large residential buildings
Am I qualified?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to physically perform the work required
- Must have a sincere interest in the trade
- Must have reliable transportation
What can I expect while training?
- Program is approximately 3 years
- On-the-job training with an experienced Journeyman
- You must pass a preliminary test
- Some travel may be required
- 400 PRI (Paid Related Instructions)
- 4,000 hours OJT (On The Job Training)