What does a Millwright do?
Millwrights install and align heavy industrial machines, conveyor systems, monorail systems, and electric generators. Being a millwright requires the ability to drill, tap, weld and bolt with precision.
Where does a Millwright work?
- Power generating stations
Am I qualified?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a sincere interest in the trade
- Must be able to physically perform the work required
What can I expect while training?
- Program is approximately 4 years
- On-the-job training
- Classroom work and home studies are required
- Some travel may be required