What does a Painter do?
Painters apply paint and special coatings. Paper Hangers apply paper, fabric, and plastic coverings to walls. Drywall finishers apply tape and finishes to previously-hung gypsum wallboard.
Where does a Painter work?
- Industrial projects
- Commercial buildings
Am I qualified?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to physically perform the work required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a sincere interest in the trade
- Must have manual dexterity
- Good eyesight and color-sense is preferable
What can I expect while training?
- Program is 5 years (3 years for Drywall Taper)
- Program includes a combination of on-the-job learning and related instruction
- You must pass an aptitude test
- On-the-job training with an experienced Journeyman
- Some travel may be required