What does a Sheet Metal Worker or EST do?
A sheet metal worker fabricates, installs, and maintains HVAC systems, sign work, sheet metal decking, and siding. They perform heavy metal and blowpipe work in creating ornamental and decorative sheet metal for architectural work (copper work, rain protection systems, and skylights).
Where does a Sheet Metal Worker or EST work?
- Commercial buildings
- Industrial projects
- Fabrication shops
Am I qualified?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to physically perform the work required
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Must have a sincere interest in the trade
What can I expect while training?
- Program is approximately 5 years
- On-the-job training with an experienced Journeyworker
- Classroom training consisting of both paid and unpaid training
- Working in confined spaces
- Some travel may be required