What does a Sprinkler Fitter do?
Sprinkler fitters deal with fire protection systems. They install, repair, and maintain fixed piping. Doing so requires they cut, thread, and hammer pipe to assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment.
Where does a Sprinkler Fitter work?
- Commercial buildings
- Large residential buildings
Am I qualified?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to physically perform the work required
- Must have a reliable form of transportation required
- Must have a sincere interest in the trade
What can I expect while training?
- Program is approximately 5 years
- On-the-job training with an experienced Journeyman
- Some travel may be required
- Classroom training