What do Elevator Constructor do?
An elevator constructor installs, maintains, and repairs passenger/freight elevators, dumbwaiters, escalators, and moving sidewalks. They inspect, test, and maintain systems for residential, commercial and industrial buildings, power plants, machine rooms, and any structure over two stories. They also program the controls and coordinate with fire alarm systems to ensure proper and safe operation.
Where does a Elevator Constructor work?
- Shopping centers
- Office buildings
- Commercial buildings
- Residential building
- Industrial buildings
- Power plants
Elevator Constructors Local #132
1602 S. Park St #115 | Madison, WI 53715
Milwaukee and Outside Madison
Elevator Constructors Local #15
17125 W. Cleveland Ave | New Berlin, WI 53151
p (262) 786-9982
Elevator Constructors Local #9
433 Little Canada Rd E | Little Canada, MN 55117
p (651) 287-0817
Am I qualified?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to physically perform the work required
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to get to job site
- Must have a sincere interest in the trade
- Must have completed 1 year of high school math (MUST be a full year of Algebra with a minimum grade of a “C”)
What can I expect while training?
- Program is approximately 5 years
- On-the-job training with an experienced Journeyman
- Classroom work and home studies are required
- Some travel may be required
- Aptitude test may be required