Enriching Lives and Strengthening Our Wisconsin Communities
The Wisconsin Building Trade Council (WBTC) was created in 2018 to enrich and protect the livelihoods of families and better the community to build a brighter tomorrow.
We advocate for people. We champion causes to increase trade opportunities for Wisconsin workers. We work diligently to partner and collaborate to make positive advancements in the construction industry.
The WBTC is honored to serve as the voice for 15 trade unions and more than 40,000 men and women working in Wisconsin trades. Together, we are committed to bringing excellence in craftsmanship to the construction industry. And grow the talent pipeline through training, apprenticeships, and development of opportunities for all.
The WBTC represents leaders and affiliates who are dedicated to safety, innovation, training, continuous improvement, and quality workmanship. Our goal is to strengthen and develop state-wide trade opportunities to create a thriving future for Wisconsin families and communities.
The WBTC is designed to:
- create new employment opportunities in Wisconsin
- advocate for and advance compensation and employment benefits for trade workers
- support stronger partnerships between labor and management
- provide equal opportunities for all minorities and genders
- enhance working conditions and worker safety