Advocate for Workers. Cultivate Relationships. Develop Opportunities.
The Wisconsin Building Trades Council (WBTC) is dedicated to creating a more prosperous future for the men and women working in the Wisconsin building trades. WBTC represents 15 member unions and enriches and supports the livelihoods of more than 40,000 trade workers.
We are accomplishing our goals by:
- Promoting the growth and development of our member unions
- Advocating for worker benefits and compensation with business leaders and through legislative priorities and activities
- Cultivating long-term relationships to spur economic opportunities and security for Wisconsin trade workers
- Initiating strong and productive labor-management agreements
- Committing to greater diversity and inclusion efforts to support our communities
- Advancing safety initiatives and working conditions in the building trades
- Demonstrating the trades are a sustainable and growing profession to attract new talent
- Enhancing professional development and training for all trade workers throughout their career
- Giving back to the community in meaningful ways to positively impact lives
- Challenging ourselves to continuously improve, innovate and educate
- Collaborating with neighboring State Building Trade Councils